Portland basked under a bright blue sky today that belied just how cold the wind blew. During my lunch break I broke in a new pair of Mizuno Wave Elixirs with a quick run around the bridges…quick because it was cold and windy but so very very bright.
1. Spied many men in lycra running tights. I lamented that their legs looked so much better than mine.
2. Shivered for the first 10 minutes of my run and was happy for the thick top I decided to bring along to work. After warming up, my legs felt stiff and cold, but I happily trotted along and enjoyed the sun – such a rare sight for Portland in January.
3. Heard a man shout to me, “Heyyyyyyyyyy Leggggggsssss! Come Back Here!” Uhhhh, probably not.
4. Ran past work to Whole Foods for lunch before returning to my desk. That place is so good and so expensive I thought fondly of how great food stamps would be.
5. I walked back to work in my lyrca running tights and felt like I must look a little silly walking through the trendy Pearl district in tights and a funny blue shirt. But fashion be damned at least I got my run in.