Funny how packing for the race doesn’t include many of the normal vacation items
Included on my packing list:
1. Running clothes for all weather possibilities. The forecast says 50 and slightly cloudy, but I’m not taking any chances . I have my first choice outfit, my back-up socks, my back-up sports bra, my back-up, back-up socks in case something happens to the first two between now and Monday.
2. Food Stuffs: GU, HammerGel, Shot Bloks, rice porridge, brown rice snaps, almonds, raisins, pumpkin seeds. I’ll rely on my parents to pass me a few GU packs during the race.
3. My lucky necklace and earrings
4. The Boston Marathon Jacket – after hanging in my closet for a month, I’ll get to wear it in public.
5. The Chi of Running - good for plane reading.
6. Body Glide
7. And of course, the gigantic “GO HEATHER! YOU CAN DO IT!” sign, spray-painted on an old bedsheet that participated in my first two marathons