My stomach is already flip-flopping in nervous anticipation for Sunday’s marathon. It will be my second marathon and one I’m very much looking forward to for several reasons;
1. It’s my hometown marathon. It begins less than 5 miles away from my house and runs by my old high school. This isn’t just any marathon – this is a marathon I grew up watching with my mom. We would wake up early and cheer the runners who ran down Oak Ave.
2. After my first marathon in April of this year, I’m looking to see and prove to myself that I’ve made progress as a semi-obsessed recreational runner.
3. I can’t wait to cross that finish line and get the hugs and support of my friends and family.
4. It’s the culmination of a rocky and extended training period, but one that has been deeply satisfying.
5. It’s yet another occasion to eat some Malt-o-Meal, GU and Clif Bloks.
6. Did I mention I can’t wait to have that incredible, horrible, awesome, disgustingly tired feeling as I cross the finish line.