California International Marathon
What I learned at the CIM:
1. Have a race strategy and stick to it.
2. Don’t go out too fast. Really.
3. Pace teams are helpful. But don’t rely on them. You know yourself best. You can be your own pace team!
4. Having a group of personal cheerleaders is Awesome! They do so much work and make such a big difference.
5. Eat, eat, drink, drink. Don’t skip it. Don’t feel like you’re too nauseated to eat. You’ll only feel worse if you don’t.
6. Don’t do anything new race day. Wear clothes you’ve worn before. Wear socks you know work. Today is NOT the day to expermient.
7. Remember to smile! A smiling runner is a relaxed, happy runner who is having a good time