I’ve been perfecting a quiche recipe over the last several weeks that is sure to knock your socks off. High in protein, easy on the wallet and excellent as leftovers, you’ve never seen a reciepe more single-person friendly.
Here are the goods:
Crustless Spinach Quiche
couple of cloves of garlic
1 package of frozen chopped spinach (or broccoli)
1 can of chopped mushrooms
1 cup of shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you have lying around.)
salt and pepper to taste
butter or margarine
1. This recipe is VERY forgiving. You can tweak as you’d like; add and subtract ingredients as you see fit.
2. In a medium skillet brown diced onions and garlic in butter or margarine over medium heat until golden and tender.
3. Add thawed and drained spinach to skille cook down and add drained mushrooms to the mix.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper as excess moisture cooks off.
5. In separate bowl beat 5 eggs. Add spinach mixture to the eggs and mix well. Add cheese to the egg and spinach mix.
6. Spoon the spinach/egg/cheese mix into a lightly greased quiche pan or 9-inch pie plate. Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes or until firm.
7. Cool for about 20-30 minutes and enjoy.
This works great as an easy dinner and will double as breakfast the next day. Enjoy!