The Boston Marathon is less than a week away and I am happy work is keeping me busy enough to keep pre-marathon butterflies at bay.
Here are a few other things that are making me smile instead of stress about the marathon:
- My brother making fun of me for “breaking my ass” during training. It’s not so funny when it’s your ass that hurt
- Looking forward to a pre-race massage on Thursday with a very talented massage therapist
- Anticipating getting drunk and happy with my parents during the post-marathon celebration. Bring on the red wine!
- Taking a trip cross country to participate in one of the biggest and most exciting footraces in the world.
- Wearing the heavily embroidered, slightly kitchy Boston Marathon jacket after the race