So – I’ve been bad about blogging lately, but I’ve been oh-so-good about running. Here’s a quick top ten of recent running developments.
10. I found the shorts of my destiny. No more uncomfortable bunching. No more frustration with a lack of a zippered pocket. The SpeedShort by Lululemon is my new best friend.
9. I’m half way through the “Year of the Fun Runs” resolution. I’ve run at least one race every month this year and still going strong. I’ve got another race scheduled for this month and two for July. With all this racing I may just overcome the queasy/sick/nervous pre-race syndrome.
8. I joined a running club.
7. I’m doing speed work.
6. I’m sticking with a no processed sugar/paleo diet and I’m loving the results. I’ve got more energy, more stamina and more muscle tone.
5. Did I mention I’m doing speed work!?
4. I took third in the women’s category at the Mt. Hood Scramble Trail Race. Seriously kickass craziness. Look for a race report soon.
3. I am back to training 50 + miles a week! Rar!
2. I found running buddies. After more than a year of solo training, I’ve got a few people to run with and I feel like its bringing new joy and new companionship to a previously lonely running life.
1. My body feels healthy. My piriformis seems strong and my legs, although tired at times, are happy to carry me miles and miles. And really, isn’t the satisfaction of running and being out there pushing your body what it’s all about?