1. I’m concluding that being hit by a car only adds to the marathon challenge. Y’all know I like a challenge
2. I’m freaking out. What if I don’t reach my goal time? What if I bonk? What if I go out too fast?‘
3. I’m trying to calm down. Wait, don’t I love running marathons? Don’t I love the finish line? Don’t I love the post race french fries? Answer: Yes, yes and most definitely yes.
4. I’m tapering. And hating every second of it.
5. I’m imaging running my goal pace. Cool. Calm. Collected and loving every second of it.
6. I’m getting a massage
7. I’m eating sardines
8. I’m going to bed early and waking up at 5AM. The race starts at 7AM on Sunday. Today I ran one of my last workouts: 8 Miles, easy, without a watch, starting at 7AM. I feel like it’s a great way to gear up for the race psychologically
9. I’m wishing I had three more weeks to train
10. I’m wishing the race were tomorrow
11. I’m wishing I hadn’t signed up for the race
12. I’m wishing that I wasn’t so moody
13. I’m thinking about how easy my friends make it look and remember to think of them when I run on Sunday
14. I’m deciding that I’m ready.
EUGENE MARATHON: I want you.